The following schedule is incomplete and the subject to change, including the timing of individual workshops, which are highly tentative will almost certainly be adjusted to accomodate speakers’ schedules. It does not include all of the workshops we have planned, some of which are yet to be scheduled into a particular time slot. For a more complete list of planned content, with descriptions of each session, see the program page.
You can contact us with any questions or comments at email@example.com.
Wednesday, July 22
2:30 PM Registration Opens (and remains open the rest of the day)
3:00-5:30 PM Workshop Bloc 1
- Converging Storms Part 1: The Crises of Energy, Capitalism, and the Environment
5:45-6:45 PM Dinner
7:00-9:00 PM Workshop Bloc 2
- Teachers’ Unions and Education Reform
Thursday, July 23
9:15-11:15 AM Workshop Bloc 3
- The Revolution Will Not Be Funded: Grassroots Organizing and Non-Profits
- Converging Storms Part 2: If “This Changes Everything,” does that include socialists and socialism?
11:30 AM-12:30 PM Lunch
12:45-2:45 PM Workshop Bloc 4
- The Politics of Trans Liberation
- Building the Next Left
3:00-4:00 PM Caucus Bloc 1 (Queer Caucus and Straight Allies Meetings)
- Socialize, network, and follow up on interesting conversations from workshops and meetings. Rooms are also available to be reserved during this time for meetings of networks, special interest groups, etc. If you’d like to request a room reservation, please contact our staff: firstname.lastname@example.org.
5:00-6:00 PM Dinner
6:15-9:00 Plenary 1 (Black Lives Matter! The Police State and Mass Incarceration) and Caucus Bloc 2 (People of Color Caucus and Allies Meetings)
- Note: the people of color caucus and white allies meetings will be organized into this plenary session as a 45-60 minute breakout session.
Friday, July 24
9:30-11:30 AM Workshop Bloc 5
- Gendered Violence
- Neoliberalism, Colonialism, and the Puerto Rican Debt Crisis
11:45 AM-12:45 PM Caucus Bloc 3 (Women’s Caucus and Men’s Allies Meetings)
1:00-2:00 PM Lunch
2:15-4:15 PM Workshop Bloc 6
- Women’s Activism and Contemporary Feminist Politics
- Socialist Perspectives on the Bernie Sanders Campaign and Independent Political Action
4:30-5:30 PM Break and Housing Check-out
5:45-6:45 PM Dinner
7:00-9:00 PM Plenary 2 (Neoliberal Attacks and Popular Resistance)